Welcome to Mrs. McKay’s Math!
Where we think hard, make mistakes, and grow our brains!
Contact Mrs. McKay ♦ e-mail ♦ 619-335-8632
Watch the Intro to Class video here
About Integrated Math I:
- Is the first course of three courses (Math I, Math II, Math III)
- Integrates Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II so that students are exposed to concepts from all three subjects in each year
- Incorporates Common Core State Standards that involve critical thinking and discovery
- Is a rigorous high school course that will challenge and push every student regardless of his/her previous math experience
Here’s what we’ll do:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- we understand what a problem is asking and we keep at it until we solve it.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- we can think deeply and try different methods in our work
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- we can justify our work and find the errors in someone else’s work
- Model with mathematics.
- we see the math in situations and can represent it in different ways
- Use appropriate tools strategically
- we know which math tools work best in different situations
- Attend to precision
- we pay attention to the details in our work and our speech involving math
- Look for and make use of structure
- we notice that math has consistent rules that allows us number flexibility
- Look for and and express regularity in repeated reasoning
- we look for patterns and create shortcuts
Mrs. McKay teaches Integrated Math I at the San Diego Academy of Creative and Critical Thought. She is a lifelong learner and believes that everyone can be successful in math.